- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pierre-herme-s-bittersweet-chocolate-sorbet
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 7 ounces (200 grams) bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona Guanaja, finely chopped
- 1 (scant) cup (200 grams) sugar
- 2 cups (500 grams) water
- 1. So that you can quickly chill the sorbet mixture before you churn it, set up an ice-water bath by filling a large bowl with ice cubes and water. Set aside a smaller bowl that can hold all the ingredients.
- 2. Put all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed medium saucepan over low heat. Cook stirring frequently, until the mixture reached the boil - this can take 10 minutes or more. Then stir without stop and pay attention: this will bubble furiously. boil for 2 minutes, then pour the mixture into the smaller bowl. Set the bowl into the ice-water bath. Allow the mixture to chill, stirring now and then.
- 3. Freeze the sorbet in an ice-cream maker following the manufacturer\'s instructions. You can serve the sorbet directly from the ice-cream maker or pack it into an airtight container and freeze until needed.
- Keeping: While best eaten within a few hours of churning, if packed airtight, the sorbet will keep its smooth texture for about 1 week in the freezer.