- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pickled-baby-carrots-with-dill
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pickled Baby Carrots with Dill. For variety, you can use tarragon or cilantro instead of dill to pickle these tiny dainty sweet carrots.
- 1 pound (1 quart) 4-inch carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced dill fronds or 2 whole dill sprigs
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 red jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pickling salt
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. Blanch the carrots for 2 minutes in boiling water, then immerse them in cold water until they have cooled.
- Makes 1 Quart 2. Pack the carrots and dill into a 1-quart jar. In a saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil. Pour the liquid over the carrots. Cap the jar, and let it cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the jar for 2 days or longer before eating the carrots. Refrigerated, they will keep for at least 2 months.