- Recipe created by FabFood on Nov 3, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/petit-walnut-coated-lamb-chops-with-honey-dipping-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Walnut Coated Lamb Chops with Honey Dipping Sauce. Brushed with Dijon mustard, walnuts, herbs, and orange zest, these chops are accented with a sweet citrus sauce.
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 rack of lamb (8 chops) “French trimmed” of all excess fat
- non-stick cooking spray Honey Walnut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Prepare Honey Walnut Dipping Sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine Honey, orange juice, olive oil and orange zest. Heat until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in Walnuts. Makes 1 cup.
- Prepare lamb: Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a food processor or blender, add bread crumbs, Walnuts, thyme, parsley, orange zest and salt and process to a coarse texture.
- Brush lamb with mustard. Press on the crumb coating. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Roast for 30-40 minutes for medium rare, or until desired doneness.
- 8 Servings: 1 serving = 1 chop
- (without dipping sauce) Nutrition information per serving: 178 calories, 16g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 43mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium.
- (with dipping sauce) Nutrition information per serving: 268 calories, 17g protein, 26g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 12g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 43mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium.