- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/perfect-peppermint-patties-candies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Perfect Peppermint Patties. These candies make an elegant surprise to offer guests at the end of a meal or a thoughtful homemade gift from your kitchen.
- 1 pound confectioners\' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Makes about 5 dozen
- In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Add milk and mix well. Roll into 1-in balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill for 20 minutes. Flatten with a glass to 1/4\". Chill for 30 minutes. In a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip patties and place on waxed paper to harden.