- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This is a great recipe that combines two holiday classics. It is a great way to satisfy the pumpkin and nut loving pie eater.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry and trim, crimp edges of desired.
- In a large bowl stir together eggs, pumpkin, and cream.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the pastry-lined pie plate.
- To prevent over browning, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, pecans, and butter until combined.
- Remove foil, sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 20 more minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean and topping is golden and bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.