- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups uncooked oats, quick or old fashioned
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves (a mix red and yellow fruit preserves works well)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Combine oats and flour and stir into butter/sugar mixture. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Place 2 portions on opposite corners of a large, un-greased cookie sheet; press each into a circle about 1/8\" thick, and press 1/2\" of the outer edges with the tines of a fork. Repeat with other two portions.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from over and spread preserves in center of each circle; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet, then cut each circle into 8 wedges. Cool completely then serve.