- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pear-endive-and-blue-cheese-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Belgian Endive, Blue Cheese and Pear Salad. This simple salad goes together in a flash, yet it is has such a sophisticated taste.
- 1/4 fresh pear (or apple), cored and thinly sliced
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- about 1/2 cup roughly chopped Belgian endive
- 1-2 tablespoons crumbled good quality blue cheese
- about 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- about 1 teaspoon lemon flavored olive oil
- freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Serves 1 (see note above)
- Core and thinly slice pear or apple and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Toss remaining ingredients except oil together to mix. Add oil and mix again. Arrange fruit slices around the edges of a salad plate and mound salad in the center. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.