- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
These peanut butter sandwich cookies make a great gift for someone special.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- To make cookies, combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside
- Beat together in a large bowl, butter, peanut butter, sugar and egg until smooth
- Beat in the flour mixture with an electric mizer set on low
- For each cookie, roll 1 rounded teaspoon of the dough into a 1-inch ball
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets
- Bake for 10 minutes until puffed. Let stand 2 minutes on sheet.
- Remove cookies from rack; cool.
- To make the filling, mix together peanut butter and confectioner's sugar.
- Spread flat side of half the cookies with 1 rounded teaspoon filling; top with remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- To make the glaze, combine chips and oil in a small, microwave-safe bowl, then heat on full power for 1 minute; stir until melted.
- Dip cookies halfway into chocolate; let excess drain off.
- Place cookies on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Drizzle with remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.