- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 pound fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Makes About 1 Quart (can be doubled for half-gallon machines)
- 1. Place the peaches, lemon juice, and salt in a blender and blend until fairly smooth, scraping down the sides of the canister as necessary.
- 2. Warm 1 1/2 cups of the milk in a medium saucepan set over low heat. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Pour into the blender with the peach purée; add the remaining 1 cup of milk. Blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours, or overnight.
- 3. Whisk the mixture again and freeze in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve at once - or transfer to a large container, seal well, and store in the freezer fro up to 1 month; soften at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
- Nectarine Sherbet - Substitute ripe nectarines for peaches.
- Customize It!
- 2 tablespoons white crème de cacao
- 2 tablespoons white crème de menthe
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut syrup
- 2 tablespoons Orgeat or almond syrup
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Add any of the following to the blender with the peach or nectarine puree: