- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Passover Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes. This ingenious Passover recipe is from author Joan Kekst's fabulous book Passover Cookery.
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons matzo cake meal
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 Â° F. Line a twelve section muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks, gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. beat until the meringue holds stiff peaks and is smooth and shiny. In another bowl, combine the shredded coconut, 1/4 cup sugar, the almonds, matzo cake meal and grated lemon rind. Gently fold the mixture into the meringue. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full of batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and crusty on the surface. Store airtight for several days.