- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/pan-fried-sole-with-capers-and-lemon
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Pan Fried Sole with Capers and Lemon. This recipe puts a restaurant quality entree on the table in record time.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh filet of sole, cut into equal pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs or Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Advance Preparation
- Lightly dust the fish on both sides with the flour, then dredge in the eggs. Evenly coat the fish with the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper, and place on a wire rack. The fish can be covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours before cooking.
- Last Minute Cooking
- Place 2 large sauté pans over medium-high heat. When the pans are hot, add the oil and butter, dividing evenly. When the butter melts and begin to brown lightly, add the fish to the pans in a single layer. Cook, turning once, for about 1 minute on each side, until the fish just begins to flake with slight pressure from a fork. Transfer to warmed dinner plates. Sprinkle on the capers and lemon juice, garnish with parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Serve at once.