- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/oyster-and-asparagus-spinnaker-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 12 shucked small oysters
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 large sweet onion
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, diced tomatoes
- Remove the oysters from the shells, pat dry and chill. Reserve the liquor for another use.
- Wash, trim and peel the asparagus. Blanch in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Refresh in ice water, drain and chill.
- Mix the Roquefort cheese with a small amount of sour cream, and gradually add the rest of the sour cream. Season to taste.
- Slice onion into paper-thin slices. Arrange the asparagus stalks on chilled plates, place 2 oysters over the asparagus, top with onion rings, and spoon dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with a dash of cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of diced tomatoes.