- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Orange Duck. Hunters everywhere are sure to appreciate this recipe that will put their harvest to a tasty, nutritious use.
- 1 duck
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 duck livers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon curacao liqueur
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Rub the duck inside and out with salt and pepper. Brush with the melted butter and soy sauce.
- Grate colored zest from oranges and set aside.
- Slice the oranges, remove seeds and stuff duck with orange slices combined with orange marmalade. Place the duck in a large ovenproof skillet or ovenproof pot, and sear over high heat for 10 minutes. Put in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally.
- Simmer the livers in salted water to cover in a saucepan until tender. Drain and reserve the duck pan juices, skimming and discarding the fat. Combine juices, orange zest, livers and their broth. Combine a small amount of broth and flour to make a paste. Stir paste into pan juice mixture. Cook until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly. Pour curacao into a gravy boat. Add gravy and serve with duck immediately.