- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/old-fashioned-fruit-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
A classic fruit soup to enjoy.
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped prunes
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 slices lemon
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon dried currants
- 1 tart apple - peeled, cored and diced
- In a large pot combine apricots, prunes and water and let rest 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon stick, lemon slices, tapioca and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add in raisins, currants and apple and simmer 5 minutes more, until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Remove cinnamon stick and refrigerate until cold.