- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- vegetable cooking spray (or use Canola oil in a Misto sprayer)
- Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Boil water in covered saucepan. Stir in oats. Return to a Boil, reduce heat and continue to Boil. Cook uncovered for about one minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix next five ingredients. Add cooked oatmeal, dried fruit and cinnamon to egg mixture and mix well. Pour into an 8\" square pan, coated with vegetable oil spray. Place in larger pan of hot water. Bake for one hour, or until set.Â Serve warm or chilled.
- Serving Suggestion: Top each serving with 1/2 cup sweetened fresh fruit, such as strawberry or peach slices. Be sure to add extra exchanges to your daily intake.
- Per Bar: 156 Calories; 2g Fat; 7g Protein; 30g Carb; 3g Fiber; 90mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol; 0g Sat. Fat
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Milk/ 1/2 Fruit, 1 Bread