- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 29, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/nutty-breakfast-parfait
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups sliced hulled strawberries
- 2 cups thinly sliced, peeled peaches (about 4 medium peaches)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cubed, peeled kiwifruit (about 3 kiwifruit)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups non-fat plain yogurt
- Mix oats and walnuts in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the maple syrup and butter in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil. Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture; stir to blend well. Bake 10 minutes in a 350ºF oven, stirring occasionally. Bake until mixture is golden and crisp, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes longer. Cool granola completely in pan. (Can be prepared one week ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
- Gently toss strawberries, peaches, blueberries, kiwifruit and remaining 3 tablespoons maple syrup in large bowl to blend. Divide half of the kiwifruit mixture among 6 parfait or wine glasses. Sprinkle each parfait with half the granola mixture, dividing equally. Top each with half the yogurt. Repeat layers. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition information per serving: 380 calories, 13g protein, 65g carbohydrates, 8g fiber, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium. Excellent source of vitamin C.
Fruit, Other, Vegetarian, Camping, RV, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Make Ahead, Kid Friendly, Low Fat, Eating Light, New Year's, Valentines Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Diabetic