- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/new-orleans-style-muffuletta-sandwiches
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 recipe Muffuletta Olive Salad (click here for recipe)
- 1 8-10 inch round loaf of French bread
- 4-6 ounces sliced smoked ham
- 4-6 ounces sliced Genoa salami
- 4-6 ounces Provolone cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Cut the bread horizontally in half. Remove some of the soft center to allow room for the filling (use bread centers for another purpose). Spread half the olive salad on the bottom of the bread. Follow with a layer of cheese, followed by layers of meat and veggies. Finish off with another layer of cheese and the remaining olive salad. Wrap sandwich tightly in foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving (you can make this a day ahead of time and it will still be great). Let stand at room temperature for about 30 mijnutes before serving. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.