- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/new-england-lobster-bake-in-a-snap
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- about 2 pounds seaweed
- 4 lobsters 1 1/4 pounds to 1 1/2 pounds each
- 1 1/2 pounds steamer clams
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels
- 16 jumbo raw shrimp
- 10 lemon slices
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup melted butter
- Fill a large pot with one-half to two thirds full of water, enough to cover the lobsters. Cover and bring to a full boil. Grasp the lobster firmly from the middle of the back ; place lobsters headfirst into boiling water. (For safety reasons, leave the bands or pegs on their claws on.) This will instantly kill the lobsters. You are then ready to proceed with your lobster bake.
- Place a large baking sheet on the grill. Add the water. Spread 1/2 the seaweed on the sheet. Arrange lobsters, clams, mussels and shrimp on top of the seaweed. Sprinkle thinly slices lemon slices over the fish. Cover with the remaining seaweed. Turn the grill on low and close the cover. The lobster bake should be done in about 15 - 20 minutes or when the clams and mussels have opened. Serve with melted butter.