- Recipe created by FabFood on Apr 21, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/nava-atlas-vegan-mock-chicken-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 cups water with 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash brand
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 to 6 ounces short, fine noodles (see note below)
- 4 to 6 ounces baked tofu, finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the celery, carrots, garlic, onion, and about 2 tablespoons water. Cover and sweat over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the water with bouillon cubes, seasoning and dried dill. Bring to a rapid simmer. Lower the heat, cover, ad simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Raise the heat and bring to a more vigorous simmer. Add the noodles and simmer steadily for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Stir in the diced tofu, then season with salt and pepper. Serve at once. As the soup stands, the noodles quickly absorb the liquid. If you plan on having leftovers of the soup, add a cup or so additional water before storing, and adjust the seasoning. This way the soup can develop more flavor as it stands.
- You can use vermicelli or angel hair, broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces; soba noodles are good too, if you want something a bit more nourishing or assertive. Fine, round noodles such as anellini are also good.
- Per Serving:
- 157 Calories; 5g Total Fat; 7g Protein; 2g Fiber; 21 g Carbohydrate; 0 mg Cholesterol; 163 mg Sodium.