- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Mustard Saffron Sauce. This mustard wine sauce goes great over fish.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Chardonnay
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into thin chips
- 10-12 saffron strands
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small non-reactive saucepan, mix Chardonnay, rice wine vinegar and shallots. Reduce by half. Lower heat to a simmer. Whisk in butter chips, 1 at a time until emulsified, do not boil. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon Chardonnay with the saffron strings.
- Makes about 1 cup To finish the sauce:
- Mix saffron mixture and Dijon mustard into sauce and serve immediately.