- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 22, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mushroom-tofu-rice-frittata
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 10 organic eggs
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 200 gram box silken tofu
- 1 cup cold cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sayce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius /350 degrees Farenheit.
- Break eggs into a large bowl and whisk until frothy approximately 2 minutes. Cut tofu roughly and stir into egg mixture. Slice mushrooms across the cap into thin slices and then cut all slices in half.
- Heat olive oil on high heat in either an ovenproof wok or frying pan, add mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes tossing constantly to prevent scorching, add rice, soy sauce, thyme leaves and a good grinding of black pepper. Pour in egg and tofu mixture. Lower heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle surface of fritatta with a little sea salt and place pan in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve cut into wedges