- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
A great way to consume mushrooms raw so as to obtain all of their health promoting properties. Combined with red Leicester cheese and herbs, this salad provides a tasty treat any time of the day.
- 225g (8oz) fresh button mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons of light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 100g (4oz) Red Leicester cheese
- 2 generous teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Wash, trim and slice the mushrooms and place them into an attractive salad bowl. Pour over enough oil to thinly coat the mushrooms and season.
- 2. Cut the red Leicester into thin strips and blend in with the mushrooms.
- 3. Add the parsley, chives and vinegar. Toss together.
- 4. Cover and chill for a few minutes before serving.