- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This mulled wine recipe is great for those cold fall nights out by the bon fire. This drink will have you all warmed up from the inside out.
- 1 (750-ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1 large orange
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Grate the orange and lemons.
- Put the sugar, spices, and water into a saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the wine.
- Slice the fruit and add it to the wine.
- Cover and place on a low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Never let the wine come to a boil.
- Strain and discard the spices and peel.
- Serve warm in wine glasses.