- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mollie-katzen-s-wild-rice-with-cherries-and-filberts
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- brown sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- milk, soy milk, or cream
- 1. Place the wild rice, water, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. When it reaches a boil, cover the pot, and lower the heat to a bare simmer. Cook for 1 1/4 hours, or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender and has "butterflied," or burst open. (If the grain has become tender but there is still water left, drain it off.).
- 2. Remove from the heat, and stir in the sugar or maple syrup and the cherries.
- 3. Serve hot, topped with chopped hazelnuts and the milk of your choice.