- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mollie-katzen-s-pumpkin-muffins
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Molie Katzen's Pumpkin Muffins. You don't need to wait for autumn - create your own holiday season any time of year with these golden muffins.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (rounded measure)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped orange zest
- 1/3 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, spices, granulated sugar and orange zest in a medium-sized bowl. Crumble in the brown sugar and mix with a fork or your fingers until thoroughly blended.
- 3. Measure the pumpkin into a second medium-sized bowl. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla, and beat with a fork or a whisk until smooth.
- 4. Slowly pour this mixture, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients. Using a spoon or a rubber spatula, stir from the bottom of the bowl until the dry ingredients are all moistened. Don't overmix; a few lumps are OK.
- 5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. For smaller muffins, fill the cups about four-fifths full. For larger muffins, fill them up to the top. If you have extra batter, spray one or two additional muffin cups with non-stick spray and fill with the remaining batter.
- 6. Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven, then remove the muffins from the pan and place them on a rack to cool. Wait at least 30 minutes before serving.