- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mojitos-by-the-pitcher
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cups simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups rum
- 3 cups club soda
- Makes 1 Large Pitcher
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash up or "muddle" the mint leaves. If you don't have a mortar and pestle, you can use the back of a spoon to mash up the mint leaves. The point is you want to release the flavors and oil in the leaves as much as possible.
- Fill the bottom 1/4 to 1/3 of the pitcher with ice. Toss in the muddled mint leaves and remaining ingredients.
- Fill the remainder of the pitcher with ice. Stir well and serve on the rocks.