- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 premade chocolate pie shell (found in the baking aisle)
- 4 cups coffee ice cream, softened (not melted)
- 1 cup fudge topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Spread the softened coffee ice cream into the chocolate pie shell, forming one even layer; pour the fudge topping over top, and spread it out with a rubber spatula, careful not to mix it in; cover with plastic wrap; transfer the pie to the freezer to harden for at least 1hour.
- When it’s nearing time to serve, add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form; fold in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and spread or pipe the fresh whipped cream on top; sprinkle with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Slice into 8 pieces with a sharp knife and serve immediately.
- Have leftovers? Leftovers can be stored in the freezer.
- Note: Crushed chocolate cookies may be substituted for the mini chocolate chips and walnuts, giving the cake a greater “mud” feel.