- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 29, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/mini-potato-walnut-pancakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Mini Potato-Walnut Pancakes. Chopped walnuts add unique flavor and texture to pancake batter. Choose any fresh vegetable as a topping with a dollop of sour cream.
- 1 1/2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 16 California walnut halves
- 1/4 cup your choice of various topping ingredients such as halved mini cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, sliced olives, roasted red pepper strips
- fresh herb sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine potato, egg, flour, salt and walnuts. Coat a 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- Over medium low heat, add heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter, flattening them into 1 1/2” cakes. Do not crowd the pan; make the pancakes in several small batches. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- To serve, place 1/2 teaspoon sour cream on each pancake and top with a walnut half. Add your choice of desired toppings and herb sprig. Serve warm.
- Makes 16 pancakes Serves 8: 1 serving = 2 cakes (with 1/4 cup mini cherry tomatoes) Nutrition information per serving: 113 calories, 3g protein, 10g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 28mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium.