- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
These fun and festive little cakes will look fantastic...and taste delicioius on your Christmas dessert table.
- Mini Christmas Tree Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 2 oz ready rolled white fondant frosting
- 2 oz ready rolled green fondant frosting
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- colored candy balls
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place 18 paper mini baking cups in muffin pans. Sprinkle 2 cookie sheets with powdered sugar. Combine all the cupcake ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting, roll the white fondant frosting to 1/8 in (3mm) thick. Cut 18 circles using a 1 3/4-in. (4 1/2-cm) cookie cutter and set them on one of the cookie sheets. Roll the green fondant frosting to 1/8 in. (3mm) thick. Using a small Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut shapes out of the frosting and place them on the other cookie sheet to firm a little. Brush each cupcake with a little raspberry jam, then place a white fondant disc on top. Top with a Christmas tree and decorate with the colored balls. Store unfrosted in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.