- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
This holiday classic is sure to bring back old memories. It is a great pie that makes it official that the holidays were a success.
- 2 box refrigerated pie crust
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 8 ounces golden or dark rasins
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces dried cherries
- 2 ounces beef suet, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and pulse 8-10 times.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for atleast 3 days before using.
- Roll out dough on a piece of parchament paper.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mincemeat into the center of the dough.
- Fold up edges of the dough in order to form a crust all the way around.
- Brush the edges of the crust with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Transfer the dough on the parchament paper to a sheet pan.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30-45 minutes before serving.