- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/middle-eastern-style-spaghetti-squash
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for cooking Middle Eastern Style Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti squash, which is pretty bland on its own, gets an exotic treatment in this Middle Eastern inspired recipe.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked by your favorite method and separated into strands (clcik here for instructions)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- zest of 1 orange
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil then stir in spices, except salt and pepper. Cook for about a minute. Stir in squash and sauté until well coated, adding white pepper and salt to taste. Remove to serving dish. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and orange zest just before serving.