- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Mediterranean Crusted Halibut. This dish is great served on a bed of mashed potatoes. It’s also wonderful served on a bed of arugula.
- 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 3 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/2 red serrano, jalapeño or New Mexico Chile, seeds and ribs removed, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 halibut fillets, 6 ounces each
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a sheet pan with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut fillets on the pan; brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Press 3-4 tablespoons of the crust mixture onto the top side of each fillet, forming an even surface approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.