- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/marbled-pumpkin-cheesecake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
As an unexpected treat, chocolate mini morsels are sprinkled on the crust before the pumpkin filling is poured in. More chocolate is swirled into the cheesecake to give it a marbled effect.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels, separated
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup morsels.
- FOR CHEESECAKE:Microwave remaining morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds and stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If needed, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted and cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth; beat in pumpkin. Mix in eggs, evaporated milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove 3/4 cup pumpkin mixture; stir into melted chocolate. Pour leftover pumpkin mixture into crust. Spoon chocolate-pumpkin mixture over top and spiral for a creative effect.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.