- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/maple-leaf-decorated-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 batch butter cookies click this link for recipe
- 3 cups royal icing, click this link for recipedivided and tinted with gel food coloring to make:
- 1 cup dark green, thin consistency
- 1 cup light green, thin consistency
- 1 cup yellow-green, thin consistency
- 3 pastry bags and couplers
- #4 round decorating tips
- Click here for Maple Leaf Cookie Pattern.
- Print out maple leaf pattern and cut out a template that you can use to cut cookies out of the sugar cookie dough. Bake according to recipe directions and cool completely.
- 1. Using a round tip #4, pipe a dark green outline around half the cookie.
- 2. Using a round tip #4, pipe light green icing in a thick line next to the dark green outline. Do not let the icing dry.
- 3. Using a toothpick, immediately drag the light green icing into the dark green icing to weave them into each other.
- 4. Using a round tip #4, pipe yellow-green icing in a thick line next to the light green icing. Do not let the icing dry.
- 5. Using a toothpick, immediately drag the yellow- green icing into the light green icing to weave them into each other.
- 6. Repeat the process on the other half of the cookie.
- Click here for the FabulousFoods.com Cookie Decorating tutorial.