- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/maple-cured-wild-king-salmon
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 3 cups dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cracked white peppercorns
- 1 wild King salmon filet (about 3 pounds), skin on, pin bones removed
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1. Mix together the salt, maple sugar, dill and peppercorns.
- 2. Place the salmon, skin side down in a stainless steel pan. Spread salt mixture over the salmon, pressing down gently.
- 3. Drizzle Grand Marnier or Triple Sec over salmon.
- 4. Cover salmon with plastic wrap. Place another pan on top of salmon and weigh down lightly.
- 5. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator, pour off excess liquid and refrigerate again for an additional 24 hours.
- 6. salmon is cured when the flesh is firm to the touch. Wash off cure and dry well.
- To Serve:
- Slice salmon into very thin slices.
- Serve with Maple-Mustard Dressing, baby greens and toasted brioche.