- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/maker-s-mark-chocolate-bread-pudding
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups French bread cubes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Maker\'s Mark or other bourbon
- 1 large egg
- Mix the cream and half and half together in a large saucepan. Heat until near boiling. Place the chocolate chips in a large bowl and pour the hot cream mixture over the chips. Stir until all the chocolate is melted. Combine chocolate mixture with the bread cubes.
- Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, bourbon and egg. Add to chocolate and bread mixture and combine well. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, until set and a cake tester comes out clean. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream if desired.