- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Just three florets of nutrient rich cauliflower per day will provide up to 67% of your daily intake of vitamin C. So try out the many cauliflower recipes available to maintain optimum health with a vegetable which aims to please.
- The Base
- 1 good sized cauliflower
- 2 generous tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sliced onion
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large red pepper
- Dash lemon juice
- Seasoning according to taste
- The crumble
- 4oz (115g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Water for mixing
- 1. Slice the cauliflower into florets and steam for four minutes.
- 2. Pour the oil into a pan and gently cook the onion until it softens. Add the cauliflower and cook for three minutes more.
- 3. Add spoonfuls of tahini until you have created a creamy, smooth coating. Squeeze in some lemon and season. Convert the ingredients to a casserole dish.
- 4. Pour the oats into a mixing bowl and add the olive oil. Pour in enough water to make a moist and flaky crumble. Season.
- 5. Smooth the crumble mixture over the top of the cauliflower.
- 6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F or 180°C (Gas Mark 4) for 25 minutes until the top is crisp.