- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
With their rich supply of vitamins and minerals, these tasty avocado tartlets will become a hit with slimmers, the health conscious and everyone who has an appreciation of good food.
- The Pastry Cases
- 125g (4oz) whole wheat flour
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 75g (3oz) medium grated cheese
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- The Filling:
- 3 large avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 150ml (1/4 pint) soured cream
- 2 – 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the bran which is left behind in the sieve. Put in the butter and use your fingertips to work the fat into the flour until it forms a breadcrumb texture.
- 2. Add the grated cheese and a small amount of seasoning. Pour in small amounts of water until the mixture binds to form a dough. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), gas mark 6. Line the shelf with a baking sheet.
- 4. Divide the pastry into six pieces and roll quite thinly.
- 5. Grease the flan tins and line with the pastry, trim the edges and prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork..
- 6. Place the flan tins on the hot baking sheet and cook for approximately fifteen minutes or until the pastry is set and lightly browned.
- 7. When the tartlets are cooked, remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F), gas mark 4.
- 8. Peel, remove the stones and mash the avocado, add the lemon juice and seasoning.
- 9. Swirl in the soured cream and mix the ingredients together. Spoon into the cooled cases.
- 10. Bake in the oven for fifteen minutes.
- 11. Sprinkle the top of the tartlets with the chopped chives and serve.