- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-fat-pear-oatmeal-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, water packed
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-reduced margarine, suitable for baking
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain pears; reserve 1-1/4 cups liquid. Slice pear halves into three or four pieces.
- Bring reserved pear liquid to boil; pour over oats and let stand 20 minutes. Cream brown sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients. Add to Creamed mixture with oatmeal mixture; mix thoroughly. Pour batter into greased or sprayed & floured 9-inch square pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Arrange pear slices on top of Baked cake. Serve warm or cold.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 Bread; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat