- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Low Carb, Sugar Free Chocolate Mocha Wafers. This recipe is part of Jan's Low Carb Christmas Goodie Swap.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups no sugar/no carbs dark chocolate
- 1 stick butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup Splenda®
- 1/4 cup malitol crystals
- 1 tablespoon finely ground espresso beans
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- *If you want "just chocolate" wafers, leave the espresso beans out!
- Makes About 36 Cookies
- In a medium heavy pan, combine 1 1/2 cups of the low carb dark chocolate, the unsweetened chocolate and butte (save 1 cup of the sugar free chocolate for later). Stirring constantly over low heat, melt until blended and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine baking powder and salt with flour. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with Splenda® and malitol until thick and pale, continue beating and add the ground coffee and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate mixture-- be gentle here.
- Grind the remaining dark chocolate in chunks or as small as you want and stir into mixture until just blended. Let sit on counter for 15 minutes. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven at 350°F. Drop by generous tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart on the parchment paper. Bake about 10 minutes, until they puff up and the tops are shiny and might even begin to crack a little. Let wafers cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes and then put on racks to cool.
- These are also an awesome base to use to "crumble" for using when you need your "cookies crumbled" for cheesecake crusts, pie crusts, or just as a great chocolate base!
- Carb count for Total Recipe: 62 grams carbs/29 grams fiber = 23 net grams carbs