- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-steak-and-penne
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Low Carb Steak and Penne. Using a low carb pasta in this delicious dish helps with those counting their daily carb intake.
- 1 pound lean sirloin cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 14 ounces beef stock (or used canned)
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced basil
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 box Dreamfields® brand low carb penne pasta
- salt & fresh cracked pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- While meat mixture is cooking, in a separate pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add to meat mixture and stir together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with grated cheese.
- Total Net Carbs = 46 Per Serving = 5.75