- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-chocolate-cinnamon-meringues-with-walnuts
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut pieces
- Makes 14 Cookies (1 per Serving)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. Sift together the Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, cinnamon, and cocoa on a sheet of wax paper. Set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar, and beat into stiff, shiny peaks. Gently fold in the cocoa mixture. fold the nuts in last.
- 4. Drop generous teaspoons of the batter onto the baking sheets. You may want to use the old two-spoon method, using one spoon to dip the mixture out of the bowl and the second spoon to push the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet. Give the cookies room, spacing them about 1-inch apart on the baking sheet.
- 5. Bake about 20 minutes or until set. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight metal container at room temperature.
- Per Serving: Calories 36 (From fat 17); Fat 2g (Saturated 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 29g; Carbohydrate 4g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Net Carbohydrate 4g; Protein 1g.