- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-chilled-raspberry-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups dry red wine (Burgundy works well)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup Splenda® sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- whipped cream
- Makes 6 1-Cup Servings
- 1. Combine the raspberries, wine, water, cinnamon, and sugar substitute in a deep, stainless steel saucepan.
- 2. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over heat for 15 minutes.
- 3. Press the raspberry mixture through a sieve placed over a bowl to catch the juices. Discard the seeds (if seeds don't bother you, skip this step, I do).
- 4. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the raspberry liquid and the cornstarch, stirring well. Bring remaining liquid to a boil. Reducing the heat to low, stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- 5. Stirring constantly, cook until slightly thickened. Chill for 6 to 8 hours.
- 6. Serve chilled soup with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
- Per Serving: Calories 89 (From fat 30); Fat 3g (Saturated 2g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 3mg; Carbohydrate 14g; Dietary Fiber 6g; Net Carbohydrate 8g; Protein 1g.