- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/low-carb-apricot-glazed-pork-roast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-pound lean pork roast
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a shallow baking pan with foil to aid in clean up.
- 2. Microwave the sugar-free apricot preserves for about 45 seconds to 1 minute on high to melt (depending on the microwave, you may have to heat for another 30 seconds).
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the melted preserves, mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper. Divide the glaze in half in two separate bowls. Brush half the glaze on the roast. Set the other half of the glaze aside.
- 4. Place the pork roast in the pan and roast it in the oven for 1 hour or until the meat thermometer registers between 150° and 155°F as it will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven. Remove the meat from the oven and cover with foil to keep it warm. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 5. Slice the roast, and drizzle with the pan juices. Serve with the remaining glaze.
- Per Serving: Calories 348 (From fat 139); Fat 16g (Saturated 6g); Cholesterol 128mg; Sodium 252mg; Carbohydrate 7g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Net Carbohydrate 7g; Protein 46g.