- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/lavender-and-honey-cupcakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Lavender Honey Cupcakes. The marriage of lavender and honey is truly wonderful.
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Frosting:
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- blue food coloring
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 18 baking cups in muffin pans. Combine all the cupcake ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, until light and creamy. beat in the honey and a few drops of the food coloring. Stir in half the lavender flowers.
- Spread the frosting onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with the reserved lavender flowers.
- Store without frosting in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Variations: Bitter Chocolate and lavender Cupcakes -- Prepare the basic cupcake recipe. After mixing the batter, fold in 1/2 cup ( 3 1/2 ounces) semisweet Chocolate chips.
- Gumdrop and lavender Cupcakes -- Prepare the basic cupcake recipe. After mixing the batter, fold in 1/2 cup ( 3 1/2 ounces) fruit gumdrops to the batter.
- lavender and Orange Flower Cupcakes -- Prepare the basic cupcake recipe. To make the frosting, combine 3 tablespoons orange flower water with the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. beat well and stir in the lavender flowers.