- Recipe created by FabFood on Feb 25, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/lamb-chops-with-mint-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- For marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4, 8-chop racks of lamb
- For sauce:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, mustard, and mint in a small bowl; place the lamb in a baking dish and pour the marinade over them, using a pastry brush or your hands to make sure the lamb is evenly covered; marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove lamb from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add 2 racks of lamb to the hot pan and cook them, turning once, until they're evenly browned, about 3 minutes per side; remove lamb from pan and place in a clean baking dish; repeat with remaining 2 racks of lamb.
- Place browned lamb in the oven and cook to desired doneness (145 degrees F for medium rare; 160 degrees F for medium).
- While the lamb cooks, return the sauté pan to medium heat; add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes; add the white wine and cook until all but a tablespoon of wine remains in the pan; stir in the chicken stock and the chopped mint; cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly, about 2 minutes; season the sauce to taste.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and let sit 10 to 15 minutes before slicing; serve lamb with the sauce.