- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/l-aperitif-traditional-provencal-appetizers
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup black Nicoise olives
- 1 cup green olives (picholines)
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes
- 4 artichokes for chips
- 6 slices duck prosciutto
- 6 melon balls
- 1 baguette
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup roquefort (blue) cheese
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- drop of cognac
- herbs de provence
- 4 glasses pastis (liqueur) with ice cubes and a lot of water
- Artichoke Chips - Clean the artichoke bottoms until the bottom is free of all the leaves. Sprinkle with lemon juice and slice very thing with a sharp knife. Using a "taco" basket, fry at 275Â°F for 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Cantalope balls - With a melon baller, scoop 6 nice sized cantalope balls. Slice the prosciutto very thin and roll tightly around the melon balls.
- Roquefort Mousse - In a small bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the roquefort and whip again until smooth. Spread on baguette slices.
- Tapenade - Pit a good 1/2 cup of black olives and place in a food processor. Add 2 anchovy fillets, capers 1/2 cup olive oil, a drop of cognac and a pinch of herbs de provence. Process till smooth.