- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/jude-theriot-s-cajun-fried-catfish
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Jude W. Theriot's Fried Catfish. Truly a work of culinary art, this recipe is light, tender and so delicious. It's the Cajun way...almost any excuse to have a party!
- 5 pounds catfish filets
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Tabasco® sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- cooking oil to deep fat fry the fish
- Preheat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 375°F.
- Cut the fish into 2 to 3 ounce pieces.
- Combine mustard, Tabasco® sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cream, water, and wine in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Put the white cornmeal in a food processor and blend at high speed for 3 minutes. It will make the mixture much finer. Pour the mixture into another large, dry mixing bowl and add the flour and remaining ingredients, except for the cooking oil. Mix well together with a flexible wire whisk until well blended. Coat the fish pieces in the mustard mixture, then roll the fish in the dry cornmeal mixture.
- Fry the fish in a deep fat fryer at 375°F. The fish should float to the top of the grease and turn a golden brown. Remove from the fryer and drain on a stack of dry paper towels. Serve with French fries and coleslaw.