- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Pesto Salmon With Roasted Artichoke Hearts. Swimming with omega-3 fats, salmon is one of the world's most heart-healthy foods, and this healthy pesto makes it more so.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt substitute
- 1 can (16 ounces) artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained, or 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, rinsed and thawed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 2 fillets (6 ounces each) wild salmon, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8" x 11" baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine the basil, walnuts, one-half of the garlic, and salt substitute to taste. Blend until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- 3. Arrange the artichoke hearts in 2 separate mounds in the prepared pan. Top with the tomato and sprinkle with the thyme and salt substitute and pepper to taste. Place one salmon fillet on top of each artichoke mound and season with salt substitute and pepper. Spread the basil mixture on the fillets. Drizzle each fillet with ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- 4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the fillets are no longer translucent in the center and the fish flakes when pressed with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Per Serving: 430 calories, 41 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 20 g fat (2.7 g saturated), 93 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 5 g fiber