- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 27, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/joy-bauer-s-cauliflower-mashed-mock-potatoes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets of roughly the same size
- 3/4 cup low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- ground black pepper
- Makes 4 Servings, 3/4 Cup Each
- 1. Steam the cauliflower over boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain. Place the cauliflower in a food processor or blender along with ½ cup broth. Puree on high until smooth. Transfer the puree to a medium saucepan.
- 2. In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining ¼ cup broth, and add to the cauliflower Puree. Add the cream cheese, Romano or Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Cook over medium heat, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until the puree begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Per Serving: 78 calories, 8 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g total sugar, 1 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium,
- 3 g fiber
- Exchanges: 1 very lean meat, 2 vegetables